FALL NEARC 2014 – CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
Sunday, October 5 – Wednesday, October 8
Mystic Marriott, Groton, Connecticut
Presentation proposals for the 2014 Fall NEARC Conference are being accepted. The deadline for submitting presentation abstracts is June 8, 2014.
The Northeast Arc User Group (NEARC) is an independent, volunteer organization dedicated to helping users of Esri GIS software be more successful. We hold a one-day conference in the spring of each year and a three-day conference in the fall. At each of these events, we foster learning through technical training from Esri, user presentations, and community building events.
Conference Tracks will include: Utilities, Municipal, Public Safety, Education, Emerging Technologies, Natural Resources, Mobile Technology, and Facilities.
- Oral Presentations: 20-30 minutes in length (including time for Q&A)
- Panel Presentations: with up to 3 presenters (you must submit the complete presentation concept as part of your abstract.)
- Workshop: Intensive 1.5 hour workshop on a specific topic.
- Poster Presentations: a 4′ x 4′ display space. Awards will be given to the top poster presentations.
ONLINE SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Abstracts will only be accepted online.
- The presentation must be product-neutral and cannot market specific products and/or services.
- Abstracts should not exceed 200 words.
- Presenters must register & pay to attend the conference at regular conference fees.
- Questions? Contact Brett Flodine firstname.lastname@example.org or Emily Wilsonemily.email@example.com.
- Deadline for submissions is June 8, 2014.
GIS EDUCATORS DAY – CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
You are invited to submit a presentation proposal for the 7th Annual GIS Educators Dayconference. Proposals must be received by June 30, 2014 in order to be considered.
GIS Educators Day, sponsored by NEARC and Esri, is a full-day conference devoted exclusively to topics and issues pertaining to the use of GIS and other geospatial technologies in K-12, college, and informal education.
GIS Educators Day is a one-day pre-conference to NEARC’s annual professional user conference which will run from October 5 – October 8 at the Mystic Marriott in Groton, Connecticut. GIS Educators Day will feature hands-on computer labs, presentations, and participant-driven conversations on a range of resources, projects, and topics.
- Oral Presentations: 25 minutes in length (20 min presentation plus 5 min Q & A).
- Panel Presentations: 50 minutes. Can include up to 3 presenters, but you must submit the complete presentation concept as part of your abstract.
ON-LINE SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
Presentations cannot market specific products and services. Abstracts should be 100-150 words. Presenters must register and pay to attend the conference at regular conference fees. Click here for the complete list of criteria, and for more information.